A Good Pumpkin Seed Recipe…
When it comes to choosing a pumpkin seed recipe, especially with halloween just around the corner, there are a good selection of possibilities to choose from.
The recipe referred to as ‘Cinnasweet’ is very popular at the moment, so I’ll show you how to make it…
I should mention that pumpkin seeds are very versatile and you don’t necessarily need to conform strictly to any particular recipe in order to work with them. It’s always fun to tweak and experiment with them. With just a bit of creativity you can come up with your own, unique recipe.
As I said, the Cinnasweet pumpkin seed recipe is particularly popular at the moment, so here’s how to make it….
- 4 cups of pumpkin seeds which are cleaned and dried
- ½ cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar, brown
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar, white and divided
- Preheat the oven first to about 350 degrees F
- Mix the pumpkin seeds and margarine in a bowl. Add the brown sugar, some salt and cinnamon and stir until the seeds are all effectively covered.
- Then spread the coated pumpkin seeds over a jelly roll pan.
- For 15 minutes, bake them in the preheated oven. Remove, stir and return them in the oven for 15 more minutes. Sprinkle some white sugar on them as you continue stirring.
- The process of baking is done intermittently, with breaks after every 15 minutes. After cooking for 45 minutes, remove them from the oven, sprinkle the remaining sugar and don’t stop stirring.
- Bake them for the final 15 minutes to make it an hour. After that, you can remove them from the oven.
- Allow them to cool before serving. Storage can be done in airtight containers to maintain freshness.
Nutrition information for this recipe
Using the listed ingredients, the amount of calories per serving (The recipe serves 4) will be approximately 340g. The total fat content will be about 29g with zero cholesterol.
More Pumpkin Articles…
This is a BIG website and has a large number of articles. Do be sure to see my other pumpkin related articles including one on Roasting Pumpkin Seeds, and of course one on Pumpkin Growing, bearing in mind that ‘growing your own food’ is the main theme of the website.
All other articles can be found using keywords in the search box in the upper right hand corner of every page.
Return from Pumpkin seed recipe to Growing Vegetables in Containers